Friday, January 18, 2008

Gaming

I love to play games. In particular solitaire games on my computer. I tend to have a particular favorite for a time and then switch to something else. Laurel has me hooked on a game called Peggle right now. Peggle is a pinball type game with different challenges . The only problem is that I am very competitive and want to have the high score on all of the levels. So I play and play until I am the champion. This can be very time consuming and I get little else done.

I went through a Spider Solitaire phase recently and have achieved a 42% win record on the most difficult level. (which is the only one I play now) I have won 1682 games and lost 2295 games. Obviously that is a lot of games and covers many years of playing. I consider this to be a really good statistic but I'm not sure how it compares to other players. It may be better for me to not find out.

5 comments:

Tim Parenti said...

My mother plays the medium level of Spider Solitare, and consistently wins 20-22% of her games. She's about 7% on difficult when she tries it (which isn't often anymore). So don't feel bad; comparatively, you're great!

x said...

i play spider solitaire all the time in class!!!! another good one is "scrabble blast" which i think is on MSN. i'm going to have to check peggle out the next time a lecture gets too boring to bear.

Dianne said...

okay, that's a serious lot of spider solitaire games! I haven't played a computer game in I don't know how long but that was one of my favorites. that and free cell.

Anonymous said...

I am not so great at Spider Solitaire, but used to play a bit. I play lots of games with my kids - Webkinz and ToonTown. A lot of the time, I even play these games when they aren't around - "To help their characters" lol.

I've been trying to keep a new year's resolution to play less and have been busy with the basement and getting ready for the Hall China convention, so that hasn't been such a hard resolution to keep so far. Now, to get my house in order after the basement is finished is my next big project!

Unknown said...

It's so addicting! Have you ever played typer shark?