Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Panthers

My husband and I found ourselves with a free Saturday and decided to call my aunt and uncle to see if they were doing anything. They were, my aunt was going to her high school reunion and my uncle was going to the Pitt football game and he had extra tickets!! We arranged for the little girls to spend the night at their grandma's and then went.

We met a group of old college friends at a tailgate party. It was a lot of fun to see everyone and catch up with them. We saw the Pitt Band march by and I saw Tim (my nephew). I recognized a man at the tailgate next to ours and asked him if he had been in the Pitt band. It turns out that he was a senior when I was a freshman and is friends with my sister and her husband.

The game was terrible. From the very beginning the Panthers played horribly. It was pretty embarrassing, how the quarterback kept throwing the ball to our opponents. (we are wearing blue,not white..ugh)

Oh well, it was a fun night regardless of how bad the team played. At least the band was good.

1 comment:

Tim Parenti said...

Aw, thanks for the compliments! You never mentioned that you were going to be there... you could've said "Hi" and relayed your sentiments in person as well...

Oh, well.