Monday, October 1, 2007

Experiencing GOD

Henry Blackaby wrote the book "Experiencing GOD" in 1990. He has revised it in a bible-study format recently and my Friday morning bible-study group has picked it for this year. I have found that I tend to get lazy over the summer and really crave the start of the new studies and fellowship. The last several years we have done "Beth Moore" studies, which I have loved, but since she didn't have a new study out this year our leader suggested this one. Our leader did this study when it first came out years ago and found it very powerful and life changing. So, I have high hopes.

I completed the first part of the study and have learned that I need to follow and trust Jesus every day. I may not know what he has planned for me or where he will take me but he said " I am the way the truth and the life." His way is the best way! We had a memory verse "I am the way, you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him then he will bear much fruit. Apart from me you can do nothing." John 15:5 I think I have it pretty close.

The problem is that I am not sure what Jesus wants me to do practically. It is so much easier to agree with the statements in theory. I guess I will have to continue on with the study and see where it leads me.

1 comment:

Tim Parenti said...

I'm sure you'll figure it all out in time!